About Me

My photo
Hi Friends, I am Sandeep CC and some people know me as System Administrator. I have started my professional career from 2008. I have been working as System Administrator on Linux Server and Windows Client. I am here to share my Knowledge in which I have experienced and which I have come across till now, It could be help to you people. In case anything wrong or any improvements in my post steps, Please comment to the post, Feel free to contact me by posting comments on this blog. Thanks and Regards, Sandeep CC

Friday, August 16, 2013

Install/Configure Webmin Web-Based Access Tools on REDHAT LINUX

Install & Configure Webmin on Redhat Linux Server


Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix. Using any modern web browser, you can setup/create user accounts, you can start stop the services, you can ssh/remote login for command mod,  file sharing and much more. Webmin is one graphical/browsable easy simple access tool...I like this tool too much.... Lets see how to install webmin and how to use this simple tool...

Requirements:
1. Webmin RPM (Here we have used webmin-1.590-1.noarch.rpm version)

Installation:
[root@proxy2 home]# rpm -ivh webmin-1.590-1.noarch.rpm
warning: webmin-1.590-1.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 11f63c51
Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
Operating system is Redhat Enterprise Linux
   1:webmin                 ########################################### [100%]
Webmin install complete. You can now login to http://proxy2:10000/
as root with your root password.
[root@proxy2 home]#

Change Default Port No:

By default webmin gives 10000 port no, for your security purpose you can change port no to anything... Here i am changing 9543 port no...File is available in /etc/webmin/ (Before modification with original file take one backup copy for your safety purpose...)

[root@proxy2 webmin]# cp miniserv.conf miniserv.conf.org
[root@proxy2 webmin]#
[root@proxy2 webmin]# vi miniserv.conf
port=9543
Start/Stop/Status Webmin Service:
[root@proxy2 webmin]# service webmin status
Webmin (pid 13830) is running
[root@proxy2 webmin]# service webmin stop
Stopping Webmin server in /usr/libexec/webmin
[root@proxy2 webmin]# service webmin start
[root@proxy2 webmin]#

Create User By Webmin Tool: 


Created User Logins & Permission:

No comments:

Post a Comment